• 1,400 good causes in 350 communities are set to benefit from a Lloyds Bank Community Fund award
The 2014 Lloyds Bank Community Fund is helping local people in Warley to have a positive impact at the heart of their communities by giving grants of between £500 and £3,000 to good causes. Voting for the 2014 campaign has now ended, and each local good cause across the country has now discovered the award they will receive following nearly 1.5 million votes being cast across the country.
The community groups from Warley to receive an award are:
• Carers Advice & Resource Establishment, Sandwell - £3000
Over 700,000 people will be benefit either directly or indirectly from the good work the 1,400 good causes across the country will be able to deliver as a result of receiving a Community Fund 2014 award.
The votes were cast between 2 September and 10 October, with people voting in branch, online, via SMS text message, and, for the first time, on Twitter. A closer look at how the votes were cast shows the types of good causes that people are most interested in supporting.
• Groups focused on Health & Wellbeing projects received the most votes across the country, a total of almost 600,000
• Health and Wellbeing groups were especially popular with members of the public, winning 42% of the top awards despite making up only 31% of the nominated groups
• Young people will benefit the most from the Community Fund awards, with 30% of the top awards going to groups that specifically benefit young people Local MP John Spellar said:-
“I know how valuable the work done by Sandwell Carers is and this money will be put to good use. It’s a wonderful early Christmas present for the organisation and the people it helps and represents.”
Graham Lindsay, Director, Responsible Business and Community Affairs, Lloyds Banking Group said:-
“It has been fantastic to see so many members of the public nominating and voting for good causes in the 2014 Lloyds Bank Community Fund. Looking at all the wonderful causes that the Community Fund awards will go towards is truly heartening to see. Helping our communities thrive in this way is crucial to us delivering our ambition to help Britain prosper.”
Information, including summaries, on all community groups in your area can be found below and at www.lloydsbank.com/communityfund.